We are looking for staff!
JOB TITLE: Livestock Technician
LOCATION: Val Marie, Saskatchewan
Position: Seasonal – (May to August 2019)
SUMMARY: Assist with cattle management, grass management and feed production tasks on cow-calf (1000 cows) and grasser (1500 head) operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise cows calving on pasture. Handle, move and process cattle.
- Monitor cattle and grass conditions during grazing season. Implement grazing plan
- Assist with timed Artificial Insemination program
- Irrigating ‑ border dyke irrigation, and mowing ditches.
- Contributes to feed production operations.
- Deliver feeding program and health check cattle. Administer medications as per protocol.
- Load and transport agricultural products. (Lift 50 pounds)
- Repair or construct fence, corrals & other infrastructure.
- Assist with farm operations as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a passion for agriculture (soil, grass, cattle), excellent observational skills, knowledge of grass growth and grass management, ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised. On site training provided.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required.
PERSONALITY TRAITS: This individual should be honest, courteous, responsible, punctual and dependable; neat in appearance. Be willing to learn with a strong work ethic and have the ability to work independently and with a team.
REASONING ABILITY: This individual must be able to read and interpret maps, and navigate descriptions of land locations from verbal instruction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift 55 pounds (mineral bags). Allergies to plants or livestock would be detrimental to your ability to complete the required tasks.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is outside in all weather. We operate a non-smoking workplace.
CONTACT FOR DETAILS: (306) 298-2268 or email@example.com